1. Boston | You didn't think I would leave off the great classic rock band from the 70s and 80s whose name is the great city we are talking about, now do you? This is a great song and as a matter of fact, it's coming up at one of my weddings next month.
2. Aerosmith | Another great classic band coming from Boston on the list, and this track off the "Mrs Doubtfire" soundtrack is a great party track, but you might also add in their collaboration with Run DMC. Commonly referred to as those "Bad Boys From Boston"
3. James Taylor | Coming from Boston, you guys are getting married in Charleston but are putting a song about "Mexico" on your playlist? Just one of many from the great James Taylor. "How Sweet It Is" is another one that is popular for the speciality dances and maybe cake cutting.
4. New Edition | Put this one in the 80s pop category or perhaps throw in some solo Bobby Brown.
5. Bobby Brown | After New Edition broke up and everyone went their separate ways, here's one of the members in Bobby Brown dancing into our boom boxes in the mid - late 80s. Boston-born, of course.
6. The Pixies | Ah yes, we've arrived to the 80s alternative portion of the Boston musician and bands playlist. I sure miss Kim Deal, but enjoy this nice love song.
7. Donna Summer | It still pains me to this day that the queen of disco has passed. From her 70s domination on the disco dance floors to her 80s resurgence, Donna Summer deserves your attention when you are making that Boston-born playlist.
8. The Cars | Another 70s and 80s alternative rock band that you really need to give a second look to when sculpting that playlist with Boston flavor.
9. J Geils Band | Peter Wolf and the J Geils Bands are Boston-born and bred, and this song is a must have in the 80s category of your wedding playlist. What a fun track! Take a listen below.
10. New Kids On The Block | Oh my Gosh! This list just keeps getting more and more fun doesn't it? Hey, I swear I did not plan it this way, they just sort of lined up that way. Yes, I do like the 80s, such a fun decade. New Kids On The Block are Boston born, and I've heard that Justin Timberlake likes New Kids as well.
11. Mighty Mighty Bosstones | Fast forward to the great 1990s for this one, 1997 to be exact. Fun song. Crank it up and be sure to tune into the next artist who are popular as they are also from Boston.
12. Dropkick Murphys | Quintesential Boston music and a must-have at any Bostonian couples wedding. If you must know, we play this in Charleston ALL the time. Here they are teaming up with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones for their signature song.
13. "The Lemonheads" | A mighty fine alternative band from Boston here covering an old Simon & Garfunkel tune. Crank this one up.
14. Guster | Formed in the early 90s in Beantown, this song posted here came out in 2010. A beautiful song that would sound perfect on your "Boston-infused" playlist for your soon-to-be epic destination wedding in Charleston.
15. "Bell Biv Devoe" | Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, and Ronnie Devoe getting together after the breakup of New Edition in the late 80s and making quite the group. Well, they made a timeless classic in 1990 with "Poison". If you are from Boston, you should be proud that one of the biggest wedding dance songs was created in Beantown.
16. Al B. Sure | I'm not trying to "punish" you, but this song by Al B. Sure would "sure" sound good a little late in the evening to cool off to as the night ends. 80s R&B at it's finest from the great city of Boston.
So there you have it, just a few of the many great musicians and bands from the great city of Boston. Boston couples, listen up. Charleston promises to welcome you with an incredible historical backdrop for the most important day of your life. We will welcome you with some of the finest wedding vendors in the country as you begin to plan your Charleston wedding from a distance. Please click back over to my website and check out my preferred vendors to see of my favorites. If you are enjoying this blog and are ready to sit down and discuss the music for your upcoming Charleston wedding, click HERE to set up a consultation and let's grab coffee, and for the Boston folks, as well as other destination couples, I do have Skype and Facetime available.