1. "My Guy" | Mary Wells
A wonderful voice of early 60s Motown, I've seen a lot of Charleston brides throw this song in for "their" guy.
2. "Signed Sealed Delivered (I'm Yours)" | Stevie Wonder
The perfect song for multiple times during your wedding reception. A popular choice for the bridal party introduction or to get the party cranked up a notch.
3. "Where Did Our Love Go?" | The Supremes
Don't just stop at adding in the Supremes, feel free to also add in some solo Diana Ross.
4. "Tears Of A Clown" | Smokey Robinson And The Miracles
Another artist you may not just stop at with the Miracles, Smokey Robinson actually went on to have a very successful solo R&B career, but nonetheless, it's songs like this that are great in creating that fun energy at your wedding reception.
5. "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone" | The Temptations
A perfect track to throw in on your dinner playlist. It's got a nice mellow vibe.
6. "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" | Marvin Gaye
Not the first track by Marvin Gaye to be added onto this playlist and certainly won't be the last. He was making incredible music up until his death in 1984. Be sure to add in "Sexual Healing" for a slow jam at the end of the evening.
This song and the James Taylor cover are common choices for the cake cutting.
7. "Please Mr. Postman" | The Marvelettes
Yes, please deliver this lovely bride an incredibly handsome groom at her wedding reception. A cute track to add in indeed.
8. "He's So Fine" | The Chiffons
That's one of the reasons you are marrying him right? Throw this one in for your amazing new husband to be.
9. "I Second That Emotion" | Smokey Robinson And The Miracles
The perfect song to throw in after the wedding ceremony. It invokes a happy go lucky vibe for your upcoming evening. Add it to your playlist right now.
10. "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" | The Temptations
Another great track for the dinner playlist or maybe a slow dance later in the evening.
11. "Working My Way Back To You" | The Spinners
Released in 1979, the Spinners do an excellent version of this 1966 classic by Frankie Valli.
12. "I Want You Back" | Jackson 5
A floor filler indeed and will get the party going for guests young and old.
13. "You Really Got A Hold On Me" | Smokey Robinson And The Miracles
Are we a little top heavy with the Smokey? Don't worry this is another classic you can dance to.
14. "Superstition" | Stevie Wonder
This is a must-play. Don't forget to tell your DJ to add it into the mix.
15. "Come See About Me" | The Supremes
Don't be surprised if you find yourself adding one, two, or three Supremes tracks into your playlist. This is another great one.
16. "All Night Long" | Lionel Richie
I have two words for you when describing how you want your wedding reception to play out. "Fiesta Forever"
17. "ABC" | Jackson 5
Two Jackson 5 songs are better than one when thinking about Motown tracks for your wedding. Add this one in, your guests will love it.
18. "Do You Love Me" | The Contours
Definitely a great way to get the party going at your wedding reception into a higher gear over at Lowndes Grove.
19. "This Old Heart Of Mine" | The Isley Brothers
Later covered by Rod Stewart, this is a great song for you to add into your playlist right now.
20. "Baby I Need Your Lovin" | The Four Tops
A big hit at weddings all around Charleston.
21. "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honeybunch) | The Four Tops
Probably one of the most popular requested songs by the Four Tops.
22. "My Girl" | The Temptations
This track is easily in my Top 5 requests for father and daughter dances.
23. "Let's Get It On" | Marvin Gaye
Perfect for the late night wind down as your reception wraps up.
24. "Shotgun" | Junior Walker And The All Stars
A floor filler for sure. Don't forget to get your DJ to play this one. :)
25. "Be My Baby" | The Ronettes
How romantic. This track might conjure up thoughts of you and him when he proposed to you.
26. "Dancing In The Street" | Martha and The Vandellas
We won't be in the street, but your guests will be dancing all over your reception hall when the DJ cues up this song.
27. "Cruisin"| Smokey Robinson
Hey!, it had been a while since we put some Smokey into this list. Enjoy this one.
28. "You Keep Me Hanging On" | The Supremes
More Supremes? No problem. Turn up your speakers now to this one.
29. "I'll Be There" Jackson 5
Released in August of 1970, the song would later be covered by Mariah Carey in the spring of 1992. The song would hit Number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B chart.
30. "It's The Same Old Song" | The Four Tops
Let Me Be Your Charleston Wedding DJ Hopefully this list gets you started on creating the perfect playlist for your upcoming wedding in Charleston. Are you in the process of narrowing your search for your wedding DJ? Hopefully the information contained in this blog has shown you what I aim to provide you if you hire my company. Click HERE to submit your contact information and let's go ahead and grab coffee. An exceptional wedding DJ experience awaits you.